ADSM-L

Re: Backup of 7.5GB Exchange Database Failing

1998-08-05 14:59:26
Subject: Re: Backup of 7.5GB Exchange Database Failing
From: "Fackler, Dave" <Dave.Fackler AT SEA.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:59:26 -0400
Thanks to all who responded with suggestions.  Turns out that my tape
storage pool had 500 scratch volumes defined, all of which were active and
in use.  The %util was only 66%, but the %migr was 100%.  So reclamation
couldn't occur.  And the disk storage pool was at 100% util but couldn't
migrate anything to the tape storage pool.  I added 200 more scratch volumes
to the tape storage pool, and migration and reclamation both kicked off.
After they were finished, the tape storage pool has dropped to 48% util and
the disk storage pool has dropped to 19%.  So everything should work fine
tonight with my Exchange backups!

Thanks again!!

Dave Fackler