ADSM-L

Mac V3 V2 diff: Icon desktop position change=file backup?

1998-08-05 13:52:40
Subject: Mac V3 V2 diff: Icon desktop position change=file backup?
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:52:40 -0600
     A Mac V2 client customer noted that the Version 3 Mac client reference
     says that moving the desktop position of an icon causes the icon file
     to be backed up but does not cause the file referenced by the icon to
     be backed up.  His observation is that the Mac 2 client does backup
     files referenced by icons whose desktop positions are changed.  I
     confess that I have not read the documentation distributed with the
     Ver 3 Mac client.  Is this a difference in the behavior of the V3 and
     V2 clients?  Thanks for your help.

     Eric Lewis eric.lewis AT doit.wisc DOT edu