ADSM-L

Re: DFS backup module for Solaris?

1998-08-04 17:13:43
Subject: Re: DFS backup module for Solaris?
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 17:13:43 -0400
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Dave Barr wrote:
> I've heard rumors about a port of the ADSM DFS backup code to Solaris.
> Any truth to this, and when it will be available?

I asked about this a couple months ago, and was told that there were no
plans to provide this client support.  Perhaps this has changed?  That
would be good news to us, as we perfer Solaris over AIX.  We are currently
backing up our DFS filesets as mount points on a RS/6000 Model 140, but
would much rather mount the filesets right on our Sun E3002 ADSM Server.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,