ADSM-L

Re: API calls

2015-10-04 17:54:38
Subject: Re: API calls
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Andy,

Thanks for your response.

I am using ADSM version 3.1 for Windows NT and my client is a Windows 95
client.

I am trying to use Visual Basic 5.0 to connect to ADSM, what isn't working
at
this time.
I can connect to the ADSM server, but only by using for my nodename a
registered servername.
Waht i want is to simulate a ADSM Administrative client session. And that is
e.g. a session with username ADMIN and password ADMIN (if i keep my default
password).

And i can't get it working.

Comment to your suggestions:
virtualnodename isn't a valid line for the DSM.OPT file

Hopefully you can give me more hints to solve this problem.

with kind regards, / met vriendelijke groeten,
Johan Pol
Boerhaavelaan 11 - 2713 HA - Zoetermeer - Tel. (+31)79 3223051 - Fax.
(+31)79
3213989
Internet : nlx2936 AT nl.ibm DOT com

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 30-07-98 07:48:24