ADSM-L

Re: How to tell which server in Admin GUI Client?

1998-07-31 12:33:52
Subject: Re: How to tell which server in Admin GUI Client?
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:33:52 -0500
     On my V3 Win95 GUI on the "Component Tree" on what is normally the
     pull down bar I have :
     Server: blah. As of mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS (mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS)

     blah being the server name as set on the adsm server and since the two
     times are not the same (real close) I'd guess that one is the server
     date/time and the other is from my PC

     Also I just set up about 34 icons... 17 for GUIs & 17 for command
     lines to my different servers and name them stuff like
     SRVBLAHag SRVBLAHac  where ag & ac are for admin gui or admin cmd line

     What I'd still like to see out of IBM is something in the window frame
     of the win95 admin cmd line that indicates what name (server wise) was
     used during the connection.

     I hate having 10 or so windows that all just say :
     ADSM Administrator

Author:  PBoehm (PBoehm AT de.ims-int DOT com) at unix,mime
Date:    7/31/98 10:36 AM

Use
        DSMADM.EXE -TCPServeraddress=(YourADSM first Server)
Or
        DSMADM.EXE -TCPServeraddress=(YourADSM second Server)

Regards
Peter
Email: PBoehm AT de.ims-int DOT com <mailto:PBoehm AT de.ims-int DOT com>