ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: UDB backups on NT client, problem.

1998-07-30 17:08:16
Subject: Re: Re[2]: UDB backups on NT client, problem.
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:08:16 -0400
Hello Howard,

Okay, I know what the problem is now, and there is a test fix for it. It's on
the ADSM
ftp site index.storsys.ibm.com. At that site, go to directory
/adsm/fixtest/v2r1/windows,
download the file win32api.217, and rename it to win32api.zip. Be sure to
download it in
binary format.

Extract the files to a temporary directory, then replace the existing
ADSM32.DLL and
DSCAMENG.TXT with the versions of these files from the package.

This fix definitely relies on you being at version 2.1.0.6G of the regular
backup-archive
client, which you say is already the case. If you want to double-check, from
the Windows
"Start" button, wend your way to the ADSM folder and open up the README files.
Then look
at the READ ME FIRST. The top of the file should say it's ADSM 2.1.0.6G.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division