ADSM-L

Client Option Sets

1998-07-30 16:09:50
Subject: Client Option Sets
From: "Brazner, Bob" <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 15:09:50 -0500
I have two quick questions on client option sets.  We're running ADSM 3.1
on RS/6000 AIX 4.2.

1) When you have inclexcl in both the local options file and in the client
option set at the server, what is the order of processing?

2) The V3 Administrator's Reference manual describes the FORCE option for
the DEFINE CLIENTOPT command.  On the other hand, the V3 Administrative GUI
for Windows 95 uses the label OVERRIDABLE.  If I create an option with
FORCE=YES, it shows up in the GUI as OVERRIDABLE=YES.  Someone please
confirm for me the GUI is wrong and that if I need to enter FORCE values
thru the GUI, that I need to enter the opposite of what I want.