ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Client and Agent.

1998-07-30 11:09:45
Subject: Re: ADSM Client and Agent.
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:09:45 -0400
>I am looking at using the SQL agent for backing up a database, but was
>wondering when running the client and the agent do you need to define them
>as two different nodes on the server?  Or can you just have one dsm.opt
>file and both the client and agent use that file for backups?

It is recommended that you use different node names and have separate options
files for the b/a
client and the SQL agent.  You don't want the SQL agent filespaces to show up
in the b/a client  GUI
since the b/a client does not know how to handle them.  There are also several
other problems that
could occur if you try to share the options file so I would advise against
doing so.

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development
internet  zaremba AT us.ibm DOT com