ADSM-L

Re: Protocol Violation!!

1998-07-30 08:41:23
Subject: Re: Protocol Violation!!
From: "Piche, Dennis (D.M.)" <dpiche1 AT FORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:41:23 -0400
I spent hours looking for tcp/ip problems after getting this error.

I then looked in the dsmsched.log file and found that I had a duplicate
drive label on my system.

I'm not sure why it gave the Protocol error in the Activity log as it was
not a protocol issue in my case.

With regards to the registry restore error.  Sometimes it errors out if you
have the current user hive checked.

Also, after one attempt at a registry restore, additional attempts to
restore the registry (prior to it being backed up again) gave me C++ errors
as well.  What I noticed was that when a registry restore is done, the files
are moved within the adsm.sys directory.  The original registry files in the
adsm.sys directory still existed, but they were 0Kb.  I overwrote them with
the backup copy it made and was able to do the registry restore again
without the C++ error.

----
Dennis Piche (Altair Engineering Inc.)  |
Dennis Piche (Altair Engineering Inc.)  |
Server and Network Services             |    Opinions are my own.
FSIC - Ford Motor Company               |
(313) 621-7578    dpiche1 AT ford DOT com      |    SEIZE THE DAY!!