ADSM-L

Re: FTP site

1998-07-29 07:18:57
Subject: Re: FTP site
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:18:57 +0200
Hi Michael / Steffan,

You can go for a intelligent FTP package that can restart downloads that
has died before completion. I'm using cuteftp and it works like a charm.
You can get it off the net at any Tucows site. http://www.tucows.com
It's shareware/freeware if I'm remembering correctly....

This package solved our problem getting hold of the latest fixes from
the IBM FTP server.

Regards
Christo Heuër
ABSA Group
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before."
=========

>Yes, from a slow connection FTP's frequently fail (sometimes they succeed
but the
>file isn't complete).  The work-around is to get a copy of the CD-ROM.
>http://www.storage.ibm.com/storage/software/adsm/addown.htm#cdrom is a
start but
>you'll either have to call or go into IBM LINK to order the CD-ROM.
>
>Michael Roecken wrote:
>
>> Hi, one of our customers has been having a hard time downloading the NT
V3 try