ADSM-L

ADSM and loopback mounts

1998-07-28 11:38:26
Subject: ADSM and loopback mounts
From: Alan Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 09:38:26 -0600
I have a Solaris 2.6 V3 ADSM client that I tried using a loopback
filesystem on. I found that ADSM wouldn't do an incremental backup of the
loopback filesystem or the filesystem that it loops back to. I created
files in the loopback filesystem that causes the to be created in the
original filesystem. But after a couple incrementals, the files were not
backed up. As soon as I unmounted the loopback filesystem and did another
incremental, the files in the original filesystem were finally backed up.
Has anyone noticed this and/or found a way to resolve this? If I don't use
loopback filesystem mounts, then I need to use soft-links which I would
rather not do.

Al Cheski