ADSM-L

DOMAIN question

1998-07-27 13:48:09
Subject: DOMAIN question
From: Geoff Allen <geoff AT WSU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:48:09 -0700
I have a question concerning the DOMAIN option.

We have a few Unix hosts with filesystems that we *don't* want to back
up, so on those hosts I have a DOMAIN statement to control which
filesystems to back up.

This works, but I found no way in the documentation to do what I'd
really like to do. I'll try to explain:

Let's say I have a Unix host with filesystems for /, /usr, /tmp, /var,
/usr/local, /users, and /scratch. I want to back up everything but
/scratch and /tmp. I'd like to be able to say something like:

        DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL !/scratch !/tmp

(The exact syntax doesn't matter, the main idea is that I'd like to be
able to say "all-local, minus these filesystems.")

Instead, as near as I can tell, I have to say:

        DOMAIN / /usr /var /usr/local /users

Is there a way to do anyting like the first example? It's not a real
big deal, but I'm paranoid about the day that I add a filesystem for
/users2 and forget to add it to the domain statement. ;^)

Geoff

--
Geoff Allen, geoff AT wsu DOT edu, <http://www.wsu.edu/~geoff/>
Geoff Allen, geoff AT wsu DOT edu, <http://www.wsu.edu/~geoff/>

The teacher said my book report was terrible and I need to do it over.
Obviously, I need a cooler letterhead logo. -- Calvin, to Hobbes