ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Version 3 server install

1998-07-23 12:31:09
Subject: Re: ADSM Version 3 server install
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:31:09 -0400
This info should be in the READ1ST.TXT file that comes with the ADSM
backup-archive client (I wasn't certain whether you were talking about an ADSM
client or server, but even if it's the server, it still applies):

  - Shell Extension Conflict - * Windows NT V4 platform only *
    It is possible (although rare) during installation that a
    message will be displayed indicating a Shell extension
    conflict.  This is a result of a bug in the install tool
    software that is used on most Windows 32-bit platforms.

    One product that we know encounters this conflict is IBM
    AntiVirus V2.5.2.  The problem string will be displayed
    in the Warning message.  The install then exits.

    There are a couple of ways to circumvent this conflict
    with the install.

    1) Get a fixed level of the offending product and install
       it prior to installing ADSM.

       Example:  (if IBM AV V2.5.2 is the conflict.)
       First install IBM AntiVirus V3 or later, then install ADSM.

    2) Uninstall the offending product (eg. IBM AntiVirus V2.5.2)
       and install ADSM V3  and then re-install the offending product.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 07/23/98 09:16:02 AM