ADSM-L

Re: RESTORE DB TO 2.1

1998-07-23 10:05:42
Subject: Re: RESTORE DB TO 2.1
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:05:42 -0500
     Our MVS upgrade(s) went smooth...

     We've seen only one (cluster) occurance of that message and it wasn't
     around the upgrade...

     ./mvsosap/ESDmsgs.Jun:06/23/97   12:19:51  ANR5099E Unable to
     initialize TCP/IP driver - error
     ./mvsosap/ESDmsgs.Jun:06/23/97   12:20:51  ANR5099E Unable to
     initialize TCP/IP driver - error
     ./mvsosap/ESDmsgs.Jun:06/23/97   12:21:51  ANR5099E Unable to
     initialize TCP/IP driver - error
     ./mvsosap/ESDmsgs.Jun:06/23/97   12:22:51  ANR5099E Unable to
     initialize TCP/IP driver - error

     Probably they bounced adsm & tcpip but didn't let tcpip fully
     initialize before starting adsm...

     I've noticed that if  you don't let tcpip fully initialize prior to
     starting adsm something gets hosed up and you have to bounce both
     again.

     adsm does have its own tcpip and OSA unit (that is different from what
     users connect with)  so that probably simplifies life here...

     as far as db restores... they go smooth (or at least my tests have)
     and if you disable the environment, backup the data base, then things
     get screwed up during an upgrade, you shouldn't have to run an audit
     after performing the restore of the database... its the audit db's
     that give you ample time to update you resume ;-)