ADSM-L

Re: Question Regarding Digital Alpha OpenVMS Client

1998-07-22 19:49:55
Subject: Re: Question Regarding Digital Alpha OpenVMS Client
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:49:55 +1000
Hi James,

We've been run the VMS ADSM client (ABC from SSSI) for about 18 months.
We are currently performing backups or archives of around 150 GB /night
across 20 odd nodes with it and are pretty happy overall.

There has not been a version of ABC released as yet that uses the ADSM
V3 API, so some of the V3 features (such as archive packages) are not
available yet. Nor are ADSM server scheduled backups.

We've done some Y2K testing of our ADSM environment, and there were no
issues uncovered at all with the VMS client.

The SSSI people are a real pleasure to deal with. Any time that we have
a problem, they are extremely quick to get it resolved and are always
willing to listen to suggested changes.

regards,

Trevor