ADSM-L

Restores to CD-RW drive

1998-07-21 16:19:36
Subject: Restores to CD-RW drive
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:19:36 EDT
Hello List,

Has anyone tried to restore to rewritable CD drives? We get a lot
of requests to pack our students' data off with them when they
graduate and restoring to either CD-R or CD-RW would make a lot
of sense.

I'm using a v3 NT client against a v2 VM/ESA server and I'm
having problems writing to the drive. Even though I specify
restore to a different path (E:\ in this case), the restore
process tries to create another level (E:\\) and then faults
on the fact that it's a CD. All other Windows applications
treat the CD-RW as a regular, writable drive...

I suspect the v3 client is flaky and will probably try the
v2 client tomorrow.

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University