ADSM-L

ADSM University group?

1998-07-21 12:35:27
Subject: ADSM University group?
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:35:27 -0400
Is there a sublist of folks running ADSM at academic sites?

At the moment, I'm primarily interested in how folks think about
"private" (i.e. single user desktop workstations and/or laptops) vs
"central" (multi-user, administered) machine backup services.  I've got my
central machine dumping through one stgpool all using the same mgmtclass;
seems to me that I want the "private" machines to (at least) dump through
another stgpool.  It doesn't seem to make much sense to colocate private
data, but then again, it'll then wind up all over the place...

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu