ADSM-L

Re: AIX ADSM Monitoring...

1998-07-20 09:39:37
Subject: Re: AIX ADSM Monitoring...
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:39:37 -0400
On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Joe Schilling wrote:
> We are running ADSM Server on an AIX Server, we would like to have our Data
> Center monitor events at night and weekends without giving them access to
> ADSM.   We are wanting to cron a job to check the activity log to see any
> errors that may occur and then send a message to them.
>  Does anyone have anything like this already in place?  Thanks in advance
> for your help.

I start the adsm server with this, and then anyone can tail the log:

/opt/IBMadsm-s/bin/dsmserv >> /var/adm/log/adsmserver.log 2>&1

You could even have a program monitor the file, and send email or pages
based on message ID's.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,