ADSM-L

Multiple option files.

1998-07-17 14:48:56
Subject: Multiple option files.
From: Ramiro Sejas <soporte AT INFOTRON.COM DOT AR>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 15:48:56 -0300
Hi.
I have installed an ADSM (V.3 R.1 for Win NT) server and some other ADSM

32-bit clients on other NT 4.0 servers. The problem is that each ADSM
client want to discriminate the way they
backup their data as follows :

data to backup    frequency     versions  normal ret.  last copy ret.
clients
NT 4.0 System     weekly         1          6months      10
years          all
Lotus Notes 4.5     daily           3          6months      10
years          all
Informix                 daily           2          1year           10
years  InformixServer
Other data           weekday       2          2months       5
years           all

Furthermore the Informix server must be down the minimum time possible
in order to be backed up.

I thought to write many options files in each ADSM client in order to
separate its data to be backed up and then shot at different times
different schedules, respectively associated, but I do not know how to
automate this task
Does anybody has any suggestion ? I will really appreciate.

Ramiro Sejas
soporte AT infotron.com DOT ar