ADSM-L

Re[2]: Private/Scratch library tapes

1998-07-17 14:45:39
Subject: Re[2]: Private/Scratch library tapes
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:45:39 -0500
     Yes, if you relabel a tape the data on it is gone.  That's because a
     new <eof tape mark> will be written immediately after the labels.

Subject: Re: Private/Scratch library tapes
Author:  Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM> at ~internet
Date:    7/16/98 8:22 AM

If you relabel a tape that contains good data (not scratch), does that
destroy the data on the tape?  I would guess that's the case, and that's
why I wouldn't do it.  Does anyone know for sure?

Tina