ADSM-L

Re: Private/Scratch library tapes (relabelling a tape contai

1998-07-17 14:43:47
Subject: Re: Private/Scratch library tapes (relabelling a tape contai
From: Craig Bell <rcbell AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:43:47 -0400
>>> If you relabel a tape that contains good data (not scratch), does that
destroy the data on the tape?  I would guess that's the case, and that's
why I wouldn't do it.  Does anyone know for sure?

Yes, relabelling a tape will Destroy ALL data remaining on it.  That's one
reason ADSM does not automatically label scratch tapes.  If there's some
chance the tape is still defined to a storage pool, or contains DB backup
data, it would be lost.

Craig Bell