ADSM-L

Re: Controlled migration

1998-07-17 11:55:24
Subject: Re: Controlled migration
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:55:24 -0400
I think I would try playing with the thresholds a little more.  Maybe
going for a middle ground?  If you empty the diskpool before backups
start, and then set the threshold to say hi=60.  Hopefully migration
would then be done frequently, but not constantly, and could keep the
disk free enough that none of the backups would have to wait.  With a hi
set to a higher number (like 95%) your pool may get too full before it
starts, and migration could not free up space quickly enough (re your
first note).

If the migration process itself is actually slowing up the backups, I
don't suppose there is any chance of rearranging the backup schedules to
accomodate for scheduled migration between backups during the night?