ADSM-L

Re: Useful 'move data' options

1998-07-17 11:21:18
Subject: Re: Useful 'move data' options
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:21:18 -0400
We only have backup activity at night at this time, all to diskpool, so
I backup my diskpool to copypool every morning prior to migration for
efficiency (like you say).  So,  can you take it a little further?  How
would I track just active versions beyond that?  Eventually the offsite
tapes would contain (as they do now) a mix of active and inactive
versions, with no way of expiring inactive versions on copypool only.

I realize that a lot of installations require a copy of the entire
storage pool to ensure recovery from media failure, but not all sites
find that insurance worth the price of the tapes.  I think I have
expressed this to this list before, so I won't bore you with my whining
about this again.  But if there is an easy, viable way to achieve this
with ADSM, I would like to hear it.