ADSM-L

Running DSMADMC from a none ROOT user

1998-07-17 08:22:54
Subject: Running DSMADMC from a none ROOT user
From: Gary Harrison <Gary.Harrison AT ARCADIAGROUP.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:22:54 +0100
       Does anyone have any suggestions on how to run DSMADMC from a none
       ROOT user in AIX.
       We run AIX 4.2.1 . If I SU to root, all is well. If I run from a
       none root user I get the following errors:

       >dsmadmc
       ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
       Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 3, Release 1, Level
       0.0
       (C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1997, All Rights Reserved.

       Enter your user id:  manages

       ANS0110E LogMsg: Unable to open error log file 'dsmerror.log' for
       output.
       LogMsg: The file access permissions do not allow the specified
       action.
       ANS1475E Insufficient authority to connect to the shared memory
       region
       ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server.

       ANS8002I Highest return code was -452.

       Is this a limitation or a feature ??

       Gary Harrison
       Gary.Harrison AT Arcadiagroup.co DOT uk