ADSM-L

Oracle HOT EBU Restoration SP AIX 4.2.1

1998-07-16 11:52:59
Subject: Oracle HOT EBU Restoration SP AIX 4.2.1
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:52:59 -0400
There is a known problem with restoring files on sp/2 nodes with the connect
agent.  During restores, sometimes aiowrite() error
is issued and restore job failed toward the end of the restore.  I don't know
whether we are talking about the same problem or not.  I'll find out about that.

At the mean time, you might want to try restoring with the new agent ptf.  You
can download it from index.storsys.ibm.com.  Log in as
anonymous.  The directory is /adsm/fixes/agents/aixorc/v2r1.

This new ptf has the fix for aiowrite() error.

regards,
Thiha