ADSM-L

Re: ADSM won't give me my files

1998-07-14 19:48:10
Subject: Re: ADSM won't give me my files
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:48:10 -0700
Well, thanks to the efforts of the IBM support and development
team, we were able to solve our problem.

Due to our somewhat complicated setup, the full description is
probably not of interest to those on the list. The ultimate
problem, however, was related to one that has been discussed
before on this list, that is the filespace name of directories
mounted within other filespaces.

Basically an additional filespace had been defined for this node
inadvertently. Because the files which we were attempting to
restore pattern matched this new filespace, ADSM was looking in
that table, rather than the root ('/') filespace table. By
forcing ADSM to reference the root filespace name, using
"{/}/POE/022/034/2d_cgi/OUTPUT_turbs/*" as the source file
specification we were able to restore the files in question.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte
DreamWorks Animation
tlaporte AT dreamworks DOT com