ADSM-L

Antwort: New in ADSM-World - Problems with the understanding of the management classes

1998-07-14 04:13:36
Subject: Antwort: New in ADSM-World - Problems with the understanding of the management classes
From: Roger Hohmann <roger_hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:13:36 +0100
Katja,

if Your customer wants a full backup every 6 months ( I think he expects
that You put this one in a safe or so) You have to use the archive
function. I think there is no other way to control  backups 'non-adsm'
style like yearly, monthly, weekly, daily backups. ADSM backup only deals
with 'retentions' and 'generations'. All others is archive.

Maybe You have to write a small perl or rexx script for scanning dsm.opt
and generating the right statements for archiving.

Regards

Roger Hohmann

WestLB
Division: 009 Services