ADSM-L

New in ADSM-World - Problems with the understanding of the management classes

1998-07-14 03:24:20
Subject: New in ADSM-World - Problems with the understanding of the management classes
From: Katja Maus <katja-k.maus AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:24:20 +0100
Hey everyboy,
I am new in the ADSM World and should implement the ADSM on an OS/390 V2.4 Host
with NT, OS/2 and AIX Clients. I have installed the ADSM V3 and everything works
fine. The problem i have, is an understanding problem. I know that for every
ADSM Professional it is a silly question, but I read the books since 3 days and
i can't find a way to get around with it.
Here the question:
The customer will every 6 month a full backup. He want this full backup trough
the central schedule. He don't want to change anything in the DMS.OPT File for
this backup. He just want to have this full backup every 6 month and every day
an incremental.
Also, he want to implement new directories or disk without give a notice to us
(he just want to put them in the DSM.OPT Member and they will be backuped -
incremental and full).

I have thought about the archiving version for that, driven by the central
scheduler function of ADSM. but with this solution i have to know which
directories and disk he want to backup (archiv). This is not acceptable.
I started about thinking to a second managementclass with MODE ABSOLUT, but i
can't see a way to manage this.

Thank you for your help.

Greetings,
Katja Maus