ADSM-L

Re: Trying to MOVE DATA

1998-07-13 14:00:51
Subject: Re: Trying to MOVE DATA
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:00:51 -0500
     No matter what, things don't look pretty...

     If you have version 3 you could create a device class for a disk file,
     export the node's active data to a disk file...
     BUT upon import I don't know if it would see the data as already
     existing or not and how it would handle it...
     YOU COULD, after exporting the ACTIVE backup data, do a rename on the
     node, then import (do the restore, delete the node, rename the other
     back to the original)... BUT the import states it will take it to
     sequential media thus you would have to then perform a move data to
     get it to disk.

     There is a bright side...
     This can be justification for bigger, better, faster,additional
     hardware.
     Used to be that the physical space occupied by backup media was a
     problem but now we can store so much junk it takes days just to
     generate a list of what there is available! :-(

     later,
            Dwight