ADSM-L

Re: mail letting you know job completed

1998-07-12 11:44:05
Subject: Re: mail letting you know job completed
From: Dan Hale <danhale AT NETCOM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 11:44:05 -0400
One way is to run a daily cron job on each client to extract the messages
you want to see from the client scheduler log.
Or if you have version 3 server, you can filter the server
activity log for client completion messages.

The following script works on version 2 clients. It needs
a minor update for verson 3 because the log file contains a
4-digit year, not a 2-digit year like in version 2.

#!/bin/ksh
# adsm-report - send today's adsm logs to root@adsmserv
# Author - Dan Hale
# Change Log
# 11/10/1997 - New

LOGDIR=/var/adsmlogs

mdy=$(date +%m/%d/%y)
cd $LOGDIR
(
echo "ADSM LOG REPORT FROM $(hostname -s)"
fgrep "$mdy" dsmerror.log
fgrep "$mdy" dsmsched.log
) | mail root@adsmserv

In your case you may want to put in additional grep logic,
or use awk to filter the logs for multiple message prefixes.
Respond back if you need help with these steps.

>Subject: mail letting you know job completed.
>I really need to know how ya'll get mail notification that the backups
>completed.  Please help!  I have submitted this question several times,=
> but
>I am not getting responses back.  I use sunos and solaris systems.

"Dan Hale"<danhale AT netcom DOT com>
"Dan Hale"<danhale AT netcom DOT com>

Microsoft isn't the answer.  Microsoft is the question.
The answer is, No!