ADSM-L

define clientopt & includes

1998-07-10 15:36:25
Subject: define clientopt & includes
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 14:36:25 -0500
I'm still learning the new commands/facilities in version 3, and have
tried using the "define clientopt" admin command to set the includes and
excludes for the clients.   The manual makes it sound simple, but i
can't get it to work.  If I enter "def clientopt stndopt include
/etc/.../*  14vers" it says that 14vers is an extraneous parameter.  If
I just enter "def clientopt stndopt include /etc/.../*" it says include
is an invalid option name and to try using the full option name.

All my clients and the server are AIX.  Can anyone help me with this?  I
must be overlooking or misunderstanding something.

Tina Hilton
Systems Consultant
Thomson Consumer Electronics, Inc.
Systems Software