ADSM-L

Re: Offsite, Automated libraries, and reclamation.

1998-07-10 13:20:39
Subject: Re: Offsite, Automated libraries, and reclamation.
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:20:39 -0400
When you issue the CHECKIN command, you specify the LIBRARY name, and
specify STATUS=SCRATCH.

That tells ADSM to put the tapes back in the available set of SCRATCH tapes
for that LIBRARY.

If you accidentally try to check in one that still has data, it will still
have an entry of some kind in the ADSM storage pool vol list, and the
CHECKIN for SCRATCH will fail.  You get an error message that says something
like "VOL YYYYYY CANNOT BE ASSIGNED A STATUS OF SCRATCH".

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert