ADSM-L

dsmsched.log changed

1998-07-10 10:22:27
Subject: dsmsched.log changed
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:22:27 -0500
Yes, I too had this problem.  I created a Mgmt. Class which I called
'LargeFileChanging' (you can call it what you want).  It has the CopyGroup set
to have "Copy Serialization: Dynamic".   This way the files will be backed up
on the first pass of reading the file, regardless of it changing.  Then in the
include/exclude list I include the dsmcsched.log with the setting the MC to
'LargeFileChanging'.
        include /.../dsmsched.log               LargeFileChanging

I also include other log file that might be changing during backup in this
managment class.  This has solved the problem for me.  I hope it helps you.

Chuck T.