ADSM-L

Repost....Language Error V3 32 bit windows client

1998-07-08 09:11:03
Subject: Repost....Language Error V3 32 bit windows client
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 09:11:03 -0400
6.38 Optfile

I'm not sure if this post made it out yesterday so here it is again....

I am currently attempting to use two different OPT files for Client
restores using the GUI.

I am using the "DSM -optfile=optfile1.opt" command string for one
and DSM -optfile=optfile2.opt for the other.

When I try to launch the ADSM Backup Client I get a message:

Cannot determine the language resource.
Please make sure the language option is specified correctly in the
options file.

I have the following line in both of the options files:

LANGUAGE AMENG

The online manual states the follow, so why doesn't it work????

The optfile option specifies the options file you want ADSM to use when
you start an ADSM session. Use this
option only when you start the GUI clients (dsm.exe). You cannot use it
in the options file or on any dsmc commands. If you do not use this
option, ADSM uses the default options file, dsm.opt.

 Syntax

>>--OPTFILE
file_name---------------------------------------------------><
Parameters

file_name
     Specifies an alternate client options file.

Examples

Options file:   Does not apply.

Command line:   dsm -optfile=myopts.opt

TIA - AGAIN!