ADSM-L

Firmware level for Quantum DLT-7000 drives under ADSM V3?

1998-07-07 17:16:53
Subject: Firmware level for Quantum DLT-7000 drives under ADSM V3?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 16:16:53 -0500
The README.DEV file for the latest v3.1 server (for AIX) indicates that all
Quantum DLT-7000 drives must be at a firmware level greater than V70 -- but
it's a bit ambiguous, as the note is immediately after the indication of new
support for the Compaq and Exabyte DLT libraries with Quantum drives.

Is this firmware note generic to ALL DLT-7000 drives under this version of
the server (3.1.1.3)? Or just these two? I'm current at this end - but I
have a D/R test in September I'm specing out now, and need to know for the
D/R center.

Thanks -

Tom Kauffman
kauffmant AT nibco DOT com