ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - No answer

1998-07-07 04:18:26
Subject: Re: ADSM - No answer
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 04:18:26 -0400
>I am new to the group, but I would be interested to hear your questions
>again.

Hi Ed

Thanks for taking care of me !

Here are the questions once again :

1) Linux backup

I installed the SCO ADSM V2 client on a Linux RedHat 5.1 with iBCS 2
it works fine but on a big filesystem, of which I can't get the list of
the files. The dsm command keeps running, without result. Is it a
limitation problem, or something else ?
I managed to install the V3 client, bur I think I miss a library or
something like that, because when I execute dsm I get a "command not found"
error, even if I specify the full path (ie /usr/adsm/dsm for example). Did
somebody solve that ?

2) WfW limitations
On a WfW 311 platform, with a ADSM v2 client, when I select "archive by
file spec *.* include subdirs", and I ask adsm to show me all the files and
let me choose those I want to put in the archive, I don't see all of them.
It looks like a local client display problem, as the list seems limited to
the n (unknown) first files, and I dont see the same ones depending on the
sorting criteria.
Has anyone else the same problem ? Did he solve it ? How ?

3) Archive handling problem
Since half a year I have monthly archives of a 10 GB file server, on 3490E
tapes, which take about 7 cartridges each. The problem is that those
archives have been made on a "secured" tape pool, so each exists twice,
once on the normal archive pool and once on the copy pool. Those pools are
not dedicated to this file server, nor has the collocation been enabled.
I created a new archive pool, which won't be secured (no stgpool backup),
so that any forthcoming archive exist only once.
What I'd like is to move the existing archives on this new pool, then
recover the room they used on both old pools.
Is there a way to do that by using only tape to tape data movement ?

Tia,

Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE