ADSM-L

DB2 Backup and Expiration

1998-07-05 05:05:16
Subject: DB2 Backup and Expiration
From: Gary Harrison <Gary.Harrison AT ARCADIAGROUP.CO DOT UK>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 10:05:16 +0100
       Hi,

            Does anyone out there have any experience of DB2 backup using
       the ADSM API's ?

            We are running ADSM V3.1.0.1 and backing up DB2 UDB on AIX
       V4.2.1

            I am using a lot of tapes (3590) because the DB2 Backup data
       does not appear to be expiring despite the backup policy definition
       stating we only wish to keep data for 60 days. If I do Q CON of
       tapes I can see data which is over 100 days old. Non DB2 backups are
       expiring as expected. !

            Any suggestions before I corner the 3590 tape market !

       Regards,
       Gary Harrison
       Arcadia Group
       Gary.Harrison AT Arcadiagroup.co DOT uk