ADSM-L

Bare-metal recovery of ADSM Server (WinNT version 3)??

1998-07-02 20:30:36
Subject: Bare-metal recovery of ADSM Server (WinNT version 3)??
From: "Donald W. Daniels/FFIC" <Donald_W._Daniels/FFIC AT FFIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:30:36 -0400
I would appreciate input/comments from anyone with experience in performing
disaster recovery of a Windows NT ADSM Server.  In my case, this server is the
only ADSM Server currently installed.  Following are the steps that I think
would work:

folllowing are backed up and stored offsite:

 $   Volume history file
  $   Device configuration file
  $   Server options file
  $   Database and recovery log set up
 .  Full db backup and incrementals
.   Copy storage pool volumes

To restore to a fresh machine:

. Install WinNT Server
. Install ADSM
. restore ADSM information using procedures defined in "6.1.7.1 Restoring a
Database to a Point in Time" of the Admin Guide.

Also,  any  thoughts about utilizing Forward Recovery?

Thanks,

Don
ddaniels AT ffic DOT com