ADSM-L

Multiple Domain lines in the dsm.opt

1998-07-02 14:11:06
Subject: Multiple Domain lines in the dsm.opt
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:11:06 -0400
Naveed Mustafa@MCKINSEY
07/02/98 02:11 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Hello ADSMers,

We are encountering a strange error that we are unable to determine the
cause in the client handbook.

Everyday we run a perl script that updates the domain on the dsm.opt to
include any filesystems created during the day.  It works fine on all
backup clients.  The domain update script updates the Domain parameter with
all filesystems written in one line.  AIX 4.2 clients are failing with dsmc
dumping core.  We fixed the problem by updating the script to write a
separate Domain line for each filesystem to be included for ADSM backup.

Can anyone shed some thoughts as to why dsmc is dumping core when there is
one DOMAIN line containing all filesystems?

All responses are welcome.

Regards,
Naveed.