ADSM-L

Order of Tapes Used

1998-07-02 11:01:59
Subject: Order of Tapes Used
From: Roger Nadler <Roger_Nadler AT SONYMUSIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 11:01:59 -0400
I have a Scalar 218 tape library that hold 17 DLT Tapes. When I label these
tapes, I use a sequential numbering scheme. As ADSM decides to use a tape,
it always picks the lowest labeled numbered tape. This means that when ever
a tape is reclaimed, it is put back in as scratch and ADSM choices it to re
use immediately. Do to this I have certain tapes that have hundreds of
mounts and tapes that have never been mounted available in the library. Is
there a way to have ADSM randomly pick the next scratch tape?

We are running  version 2 on an AIX platform.

thanks