ADSM-L

Re: ADSM v3 Restore Performance.

1998-06-30 18:52:00
Subject: Re: ADSM v3 Restore Performance.
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 08:52:00 +1000
Hi Shafiee,

What is the average file size of the NT boxes compared to the AIX boxes.
At our site there is a big difference between the two (NT being much
smaller and the AIX), and we see the same sorts of differences as you.
We have put it down to file system overhead ie it takes a longer time to
create 100 1MB files than is does to create 1 100MB file.

Trevor
Trevor Foley
Trevor Foley
Bankers Trust Australia Limited
Phone: 61-2-9259 3944    Fax: 61-2-9259 2659