ADSM-L

Re: Expire problem?

1998-06-30 15:17:10
Subject: Re: Expire problem?
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:17:10 -0500
     As I mentioned earlier... double check some of the file system's
     active file sets... you might find they have ZERO active versions...
     only inactive versions!

     later,
           Dwight

     PS also check your accounting records for clients with high amount of
     incremental backup traffic, these are likely candidates to inspect
     closer.

Author:  tlaporte (tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com) at unix,mime
Date:    6/30/98 11:07 AM

We noticed that behavior when we moved to v3 as well--and had the
same reaction! I believe the difference in v3 from v2 is that the
server is precomputing likely candidates for expiration, and then
examining those and only reporting statistics for the files
examined, not those excluded by the pre-processing.

At least that was our guess as to what was going on.

 -- Tom