ADSM-L

Re: Throughput/Performance

1998-06-30 13:51:54
Subject: Re: Throughput/Performance
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED-Cap Gemini)" <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 19:51:54 +0200
Hello,
In my experience with ADSM NT V3.1 and DLT 7000 on 100Mb/s Full Duplex. I
can give you the following results :
Backing up DataFile server (Small File) the transfert rate is 200-500KB/s.
Backing up Cold DataBase File up to (8MB/s).
I think that if you have dedicated network segment like EtherSwitch.
Unactivate Compression.
More your files will be larger better the transfert rate you will obtain.
Eric