ADSM-L

ADSM newsgroup -Reply

2015-10-04 17:57:47
Subject: ADSM newsgroup -Reply
From: owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU at SMTP
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 6/30/98 9:54AM
The answer to the amount of mail you get is simple - switch to digest mode.
Simply send a message to the listserv  (not ADSM-L) that says "SET ADSM-L
DIGEST"

Jerry Lawson

Author:  owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU at SMTP
Date:    6/30/98 9:54 AM

This sounds good, but it may have a drawback in my opinion.  One of the benefits
of this list is the ability to access the archives either through specific
searches or retrieval of an entire month for example.   I am not familiar with
newsgroups to a great extent, but I am curious if the archival processes
permitted by the listserver are available through a newsgroup?  My recollection
of newsgroups is that once the message scrolls off, it cannot be recovered.  Is
this still the case?

If the idea of individual messages coming in from the LIST is hassle, then
consider getting one message a day in a digest format.  You receive one large
message containing everything sent to the list in 24 hours.  The first part of
the message is the subject of the individual messages and you can decide if
there is something in there you wish to read.

I would prefer to keep this forum as it is and believe conversion to a newsgroup
would be a less informative / helpful.

>>> Anton Gubarkov <Anton.Gubarkov AT SONY DOT RU> 06/30/98 12:38am >>>
Dear colleagues,

As far as I could grasp there is no newsgroup for adsm discussion. This
mailing list of course is doing a good job of compensation of the newsgroup
absense. But I personally find it a little bit inconvenient moving 50
messages a day into trash. Judging on the size of the mailing list (1332
persons) I believe we can register a newsgroup.

What do you think?

regards, Anton, storage manager at SONY, Moscow