ADSM-L

OS2 problems on netbios

2015-10-04 17:57:47
Subject: OS2 problems on netbios
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We are having problems with an OS2 client. Thought I would post this and
see if it rings any bells !?

We have an ADSM server running on NT. Both the NT and the ADSM are fully
patched. The NT server is using TCPIP and Netbios. All NT ADSM clients
connect fine using either protocol.

We have some OS2 clients that are only running Netbios. At an operating
system level the OS2 machines and the NT server running the ADSM server
can see each other ok.

When we try to use the ADSM OS2 client (latest version) over netbios it
fails to see the ADSM server. We have tried all the configuration
options with netbios names for the client and server. Traces from this
problem are being looked at.

Does anyone out there have a configuration like this working...?

cheers Ian.