ADSM-L

Re: ADSM newsgroup

1998-06-30 09:08:45
Subject: Re: ADSM newsgroup
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:08:45 +0100
I'm not at all keen on this idea of transforming adsm-l into a newsgroup :
I like the idea that the adsm-l belongs to a group of like minded people who
are "known" and have subscribed.  Apart from having to be more proactive
with a newsgroup than a mailing list, it is possible we could lose out on
some of the detailed and honest answers we get (including those informally
from the adsm developers who contribute a lot) if the contents were more
widely distributed and available via a newsgroup.

My vote is for staying as a mailing list.  With a decent email system it is
very easy to filter adsm-l messages into a separate mailbox and peruse,
delete and keep as required.

Regards, Sheelagh
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services     Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK     Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275