ADSM-L

ADSM V3R1.1.2 Throughput problems.

1998-06-29 14:06:00
Subject: ADSM V3R1.1.2 Throughput problems.
From: Kulbinder Toora <kulbinder.toora AT MEB.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 14:06:00 -0400
Hello,

Is there anyone out there running v3r1.1.2 using an ATM backbone?.

We have an MVS server running  OS390 v1R2.

When backing up out AIX clients we get through put of about 2MB/Sec.

This is while running 1 client to 1 server.

We then ran a second backup,to a separate server with exactly the same
parameters on the client and server as the current one running and saw a
dramatic fall in throughput down to about 400k /Sec per client.

Any ideas?

We have gone through all the tuning parameters recommended by IBM and still get
nowhere.

Thanks,

Kuli.

This e-mail (and any attachments) has been checked at MEB,
and has been found to be clean from any virus infection.

If you have any queries about viruses, please contact PC Tech
Support (09 3521) or about the external e-mail system, contact
David Perry (09 3673).