ADSM-L

Re: ANR2004E Missing value for keyword parameter - ACSDRVID

1998-06-29 13:29:07
Subject: Re: ANR2004E Missing value for keyword parameter - ACSDRVID
From: Tomas Hallin <tomash AT EARTHLINK DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:29:07 -0400
The exact same thing happened to me during a disaster recovery exercise
(ADSM 3.1 for NT).  I removed the ADSDRVID= and had no problems from
then on.  Now that you mention it though, it would be nice to know what
it is and what it's doing there.  As far as I've been able to find,
it's not mentioned in the documentation anywhere.

/Tomas

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:57:41 -0700, Doug Thorneycroft wrote:

>During an attempt to restore our ADSM database (WindowsNT V3) the
>process
>stopped with the error "ANR2004E Missing value for keyword parameter -
>ACSDRVID"
>A second message pointed to the devcnfg.out file.
>The devcnfg.out file reads:
>
>DEFINE DRIVE AUTOLIB TAPE03 DEVICE=MT1.0.0.1 ELEMENT=128 ONLINE=Yes
>DEFINE DRIVE AUTOLIB TAPE04 DEVICE=MT2.0.0.1 ELEMENT=129 ONLINE=Yes
>DEFINE DRIVE MANUALLIB TAPE01 DEVICE=MT2.0.0.2 ACSDRVID= ONLINE=Yes
>DEFINE DRIVE MANUALLIB TAPE02 DEVICE=MT3.0.0.2 ACSDRVID= ONLINE=Yes
>
>By removing "ACSDRVID= " from the line, we were able to restore the
>database.
>
>Does anyone know what ACSDRVID is? It's been a long time since I've
>looked at the
>devcfg.out file, but looking at a printout of the file from long ago,
>the paramerer wasn't there. Is it needed, or can we safely eliminate it?

Tomas Hallin
Affinity Technology Group
Columbia, SC