ADSM-L

Re: Permissions to run commands

1998-06-28 23:53:28
Subject: Re: Permissions to run commands
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:53:28 +1000
Hi Craig,

The error you are getting is because you are using shared memory as your
communication method. As I understand it (I haven't played with shared
memory myself), you must be logged on as root to use it. If you changed
your commmethod to TCPIP, all should be OK. Of course, that is ignoring
any performance implications of doing the swap.

Trevor
Trevor Foley
Trevor Foley
Bankers Trust Australia Limited