ADSM-L

ibm 7337 tape drive element #s??

1998-06-26 20:00:08
Subject: ibm 7337 tape drive element #s??
From: Yu Chen <ychen AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:00:08 -0500
Hi all,

i daisy chained our 7331 behind a 7337-305 dlt library, which my sales
rep. told me i couldn't do that but some one from ibm said would be a
valid configuration. although it might not be a recommended thing to do.
it looks like it's gonna work 'cause my host computer is talking to
both libs right now. anyway i got this when i tried a define drive in
adsm:

adsm> define drive dlt-library dltdrive1 device=/dev/mt3 element=16
ANR8366E DEFINE DRIVE: Invalid value for ELEMENT parameter. ANS5102I
Return code 3.

15 same thing. don't know what's going on. the 7337 docs specifically say
that drive a is element 15 and drive b 16. anyone out there got this one
before? i'm running v2 here. going up soon i guess.

thanks.

yu chen

-- The Lost Patrol. Level 30~36, HP 800, AC -2. The Highway Patrol of
   The Random Road, They Keep The Peace, They Eat Donuts.    -TRR '97
   The Random Road, They Keep The Peace, They Eat Donuts.    -TRR '97